We will refund bookings if government restrictions prevent us from opening the house to guests or if you are prevented from travelling because of government restrictions that cover the home address of the person booking the accommodation.
We will not refund your booking if the following applies and you should check you are covered by your travel insurance;
1. If one or more of your group becomes ill (Covid or not) and can not travel.
2. If one or more of your group is told to self isolate and can not travel.
3. If government restrictions do not allow those with underlying/shielding health issues to travel.
4. If government restrictions do not allow parties from different households to share a holiday home and this had been your intention.
As per our normal booking conditions, if we are able to find another booking we will refund you the amount paid by the replacement guests less a £25 admin fee.
New bookings will require a 25% Deposit. Until further notice bookings will be required to pay in full 4 weeks prior to their holiday rather than 8 weeks.
WE RECOMMEND ALL GUESTS HAVE TRAVEL INSURANCE THAT PROVIDES SUFFICIENT COVER IF YOU HAVE TO CANCEL YOUR HOLIDAY FOR WHATEVER REASONS - FOR HOLIDAYS POST PANDEMIC THIS SHOULD INCLUDE COVER FOR GOVERNMENT RESTRICTIONS ON TRAVEL .
Thornton, 6 Owers Way, West Wittering, West Sussex, PO20 8HA
Terms and Conditions
1. General The letting of Thornton, 6 Owers Way, West Wittering, Sussex, PO20 8HA (“the property’) for any period (“the Tenancy’) shall be between Georgie and Bob Scott Kerr (‘the management’) and the person(s) named on the booking form (‘the Tenant(s)”) such expression to include any other person occupying the Property with the Tenant(s), subject to the following booking conditions.
2. Rent Rents shown are per week (or per Short Break, where applicable). All bookings are to be made directly with the management.
3. Deposits and balance settlement for bookings made more than 2 months before arrival a deposit of 25% of the total rent is payable on booking. The balance of rent plus a £300 refundable security deposit must be paid at lease 2 months before arrival. For bookings made less than 2 months before arrival the total rent plus the £300 refundable security deposit is payable on booking. The acknowledgement of balance payment will set out arrangements for access to the property. The management reserves the right to cancel the booking and retain the 25% deposit if the full balance is not paid within a week of the final demand. The final demand shall be made if the full balance is not paid within a week of the due date shown on the tenants booking form. Provisional bookings will be held for 1 working day only.
4. Refundable Security Deposit A refundable security deposit of £300 is required. This will be refunded within seven days after inspection of the property against the property inventory and subject to the state of the property and its contents being satisfactory. Reasonable deductions from the deposit may be made for breakages or damage at the discretion of the management.
5. Commitment Once the management has issued confirmation of the booking, the Tenant is liable for the total rent.
6. Cancellation When booking arrangements have been confirmed, the tenant is liable for the full cost of the letting. Any cancellation thereafter must be made in writing to the management. On receipt of notice of cancellation, the management will seek to re-let the property for the whole period of the booking. If the management succeeds in re-letting the property for the whole period it shall refund all the monies paid less an administration charge of £25.00 per booking. If the management succeeds in reletting the property for part of the period booked, it shall refund an amount equal to the monies paid less (1) the rental for the period that is not re-let and (2) an administrative charge of £25.00 per booking. If the management is unable to re-let the property before the final payment is due (1 months prior to the arrival date), the tenant still remains liable for the final payment on the due date as is indicated in the Payment section. If the management is successful in re-letting the property for the whole or part of the period of the booking after the tenant has made the final payment, the tenant will be reimbursed in accordance with the refund conditions above. The management advises that tenants take out separate holiday cancellation insurance.
7. Occupation and vacation of properties Week rentals are Friday to Friday. The property is available for occupation from 16.00 on the day of arrival and must be vacated by 10.00 on the day of departure. Long weekend and mid week rentals are subject to availability in mid and low seasons.
8. Provisions All bed linen, bath/hand towels and tea towels are provided. Travel cot and trundle are provided but must bring their own bed linen. Beach towels are not provided.
9. Unavailability If the property shall be made unavailable for whatever reason before the commencement of the Tenancy, the Tenancy shall be cancelled and the rent paid shall be refunded. The Tenant however shall not be entitled to and further damages.
10. Tenants obligations • To pay for any losses, damage or breakage to the property caused by the tenant or a member of their party. Appropriate costs will be deducted from the security deposit as necessary, following inspection of the property on departure. • To take excellent care of the property and its furniture, pictures, fittings and effects and leave it in the same state of repair and condition and in the same clean and tidy condition at the end of the tenancy as in the beginning. • To permit the management reasonable access to the property for the purpose of inspection or to carry out necessary repairs or maintenance. • Not to part with possession of the property, or share it, except with members of the party shown on the booking form. • Not to sell or transfer the booking to another party without the management’s agreement. • Not to cause an annoyance or become a nuisance to occupants of adjoining premises. • Not to smoke in any part of the property and to make sure cigarette ends are not left in the garden or at or near the front of the property. • Not to bring any pets.
11. Maintenance and repair The property is maintained to a high standard. The property will be cleaned prior to the beginning of every tenancy.
In the event of a service or item at fault, the tenant must inform the management and a repair/replacement shall be found/fitted within 24 hours where possible and within 3 working days at the maximum. The management cannot be held liable for any loss arising from loss of use of the services/item within the specified time limit.
12. Complaints Any complaint must be made known to the management immediately. No complaint will be entertained after the tenant has departed the property.
13. Personal injury & loss of tenant property The tenant or members of his/her party cannot hold the management responsible for personal injury sustained or the loss of or damage to any personal belongings during their stay at the property. Use by the tenant of all facilities at the property is at the tenant’s risk.
The property is equipped and offered for up to 9 persons (excluding infants using a cot rather than a bed) and parties in excess of these numbers are not permitted under any circumstances.
15. Right to refuse The management reserves the right to refuse any booking and in exceptional circumstances, to terminate, modify or alter arrangements made for the tenant.
16. Property Description Within the limitations imposed by the website featuring the property, the management believes that he property is fairly described. However, some changes do happen during the year and the management will make every effort to pass on any relevant information to prospective tenants. Should any further information be required about the property and its surroundings, it is always possible to speak to the management.
17. Validity Clause If any term or provision in these Booking Conditions shall in whole or in part be held to and extent to be illegal or unenforceable under and enactment of rule of law that term or provision or part shall to that extent be deemed no to form part of this Agreement and the enforceability of the remainder of this agreement shall not be affects.
Thornton, 6 Owers Way, West Wittering, West Sussex, PO20 8HA